Monday, May 22
I Don't Like It Edition
- AWS has a new billing dashboard. I spent the first decade of my programming career working on accounting systems, and I have to say that this particular system is dogshit.
- Is Peter Pan more like a hedgehog or a galaxy-sized agglomeration of sardines? (Nautilus)
Proof once again that the leading experts in a field (in this case, neuroscience) are very often completely retarded.
- China has banned sales of Micron memory chips because they "failed a network security review". (Tom's Hardware)
Memory chips don't have networking, and don't have security. The Biden Administration's spokesmop is more believable than these idiots.
- Microsoft's Visual Studio code is a free framework that is utterly useless but has a dazzling array of third-party extensions. What could possible go wrong? (Programming Geeks Club)
Oh, yeah. Right.
- Let's put all the Python libraries created by all the programmers in the world in one convenient place. What could possibly go wrong? (Bleeping Computer)
Oh, yeah. Right.
- Google has no customer support because you're not the customer. (Vortex)
This is true even when you are the customer. We went through a similar situation at my day job when Google refused to assist us in any way when the only thing we needed to do was pay our bill.
- Don't buy HP printers. (Bleeping Computer)
Not only will they brick themselves if you try to use a less insanely expensive third-party ink cartridge, they will sometimes brick themselves if it's Tuesday.
Posted by: Frank at Monday, May 22 2023 09:19 PM (rglbH)
But it does remind me that when I was in my teens & twenties, that style of absurd false dichotomy was something we found highly amusing, though I think we also tried for alliteration in the formations. "Are chickens like cheese or chocolate?" So "Is intelligence more akin to indifference or indecision?"
Posted by: normal at Monday, May 22 2023 09:25 PM (obo9H)
(This is missing at least one instance, like from The Two Doctors, with Patrick Troughton saying it to Colin Baker). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Q0hlu1qt4
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, May 23 2023 04:59 AM (BMUHC)
Posted by: Tim Turner at Tuesday, May 23 2023 09:35 AM (vVbbK)
58 queries taking 0.3272 seconds, 337 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.