Thursday, August 18
What The What Edition
- What the hell happened to ZDNet? (ZDNet)
Everything about this is bad.
- Buttons and bows: Better control surfaces at a reasonable price with Loupedeck. (Tom's Hardware)
I have a Stream Deck, which gives me 32 individually programmable buttons - each one with a little colour LCD built into it. Loupedeck goes one better by adding things other than buttons - knobs, sliders, and dials to be specific.
- TSMC beings production of 3nm chips next month. (Tom's Hardware)
Right on schedule.
AMD is set to start shipping 5nm chips made by TSMC next month, so it might be a while before 3nm lands in your PC.
- A parasitological evaluation of edible insects and their role in the transmission of parasitic diseases to humans and animals, or, do not eat the bugs. (PLOS)
- Broadcom has announced a 64-port 800Gb Ethernet switch chip. (Serve the Home)
Is that a lot? That seems like a lot.
- If you have a router with a Realtek RTL819x you should unplug it right now, kill it with an axe, and set the pieces on fire. (Bleeping Computer)
A firmware bug allows attackers to break in even if you have everything set up securely. There have been patches out since March but they may or may not have been released for your device.
So how do you know if your router has a Realtek RTL819x? Well, that's the neat thing. You don't.
I Think People Figured It Out Video of the Day
Hey kids, you know that piss won't take itself, so here we are!
Wait, I mean.
/ hey kids
/ piss taking
Posted by: normal at Thursday, August 18 2022 09:37 PM (obo9H)
Posted by: StargazerA5 at Thursday, August 18 2022 09:54 PM (vA2rE)
/ iphone idiots
love that shit
Posted by: normal at Thursday, August 18 2022 11:35 PM (LADmw)
Typical user reaction "If management really was comatose from ethanol poisoning, the organization would actually be better off, and the services would be closer to useful."
Posted by: Pat Buckman at Friday, August 19 2022 05:45 AM (r9O5h)
58 queries taking 0.1311 seconds, 336 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.