Friday, January 29
Live In Your Pod And Eat Your Bugs Edition
- Leaked benchmarks suggest that Samsung's new Exynos SOC could have the fastest graphics in the mobile world. (Tom's Hardware)
Samsung used License Radeon from AMD. It was super effective!
- Personium is an open-source personal data store, or PDS. (Personium)
That is, it collects data about you from all over the place and puts it all in one neat container that you control so that when the next 0-day attack comes along everyone can lose all their privacy at the same time.
- Facebook shut down the Robinhood Stock Traders group. (Reuters)
The notification, seen by Reuters, said without detail that the group violated policies on "adult sexual exploitation.â€They're not even pretending to care about being caught lying.
- If you got your kicks on Port 69, choose again. (Bleeping Computer)
I don't know why anyone would be running a web server on port 69 - 80 and 443 are the standard ones, and 8080 for proxies and test servers - but if you were and suddenly all your traffic disappeared, it's because none of the popular browsers can connect to you anymore.
- Apple is escalating its feud with Facebook. (Six Colors)
Facebook isn't the one employing child slaves though.
- Google purged 100,000 one-star reviews of Robinhood from the Play Store. (The Verge)
Because you can't be allowed to know what people think.
Apple did the same in their own walled garden of earthly delights.
- The reason for all those bad reviews? No! No buy! Only sell! (Vice)
Robinhood made it so that users could no longer buy the stocks at the center of the short squeeze, only sell them.
They're getting hit by a class action lawsuit and will very likely be bankrupt before the year is out.
Not Really Tech News
Coco Plays Twitch Plays Pokemon Plays Minecraft Video of the Day
Just starting now. Should be epic, and by epic I mean total chaos. She's playing Minecraft according to instructions selected at random from chat.
On a single player server, because she's knows her fanbase only too well.
And why not? That's what Qualcomm did (note that Adreno is an anagram of Radeon).
Posted by: Rick C at Saturday, January 30 2021 06:32 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Saturday, January 30 2021 08:25 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: normal at Saturday, January 30 2021 10:15 AM (obo9H)
Posted by: normal at Saturday, January 30 2021 10:16 AM (obo9H)
Posted by: Rick C at Saturday, January 30 2021 12:37 PM (eqaFC)
58 queries taking 0.213 seconds, 337 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.