Thursday, September 26
Is It Wrong To Pick Up Food In A Dungeon Edition
- Smartphones are just slabs of black glass. It takes real talent to make them this ugly. (AnandTech)
Why not put an RGB water cooler on it while you're there?
- AMD's upcoming B550 chipset is a step up from the X470, but a big step down from X570. (Tom's Hardware)
Compared to the X470 it adds 2 SATA ports and 4 PCIe 3.0 lanes. No PCIe 4.0 at all, not even for the uplink.
- A Pennsylvania DA has been busy deploying a China-grade (in more ways than one) surveillance network. (TechDirt)
WTAF as the kids are saying these days.
- eBay's CEO is stepping down. (Tech Crunch)
As far as I can tell, the worst that is happening at eBay is some investor grumbling, and this is fairly routine.
- Facebook has said it will not censor or fact-check political speech. Journalists are outraged. (Tech Crunch)
- WeWork continues to implode. (Sydney Morning Herald)
I found a couple of more detailed articles at Tech Crunch and The Information but they require registration and/or payment to access.
And I'll note again that WCCFTech called it before any of the big business news sites.
- Double it, add one, and use the next larger unit.
There are three kinds of estimates: Educated guesses, the fever dreams of software development project leads, and tech startups.
- CentOS 8 is out. (ZDNet)
Great, except that I moved to Ubuntu for all my new stuff about three years ago.
The design is garish, but it's a nice change from a boring slab of black glass. Whenever I can order a phone that's a different color, I do.
Posted by: Rick C at Thursday, September 26 2019 12:52 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Thursday, September 26 2019 12:56 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Jay at Thursday, September 26 2019 12:58 AM (mrlXS)
That appears to be the price for no active cooling?
At some point I'll unplug all the case fans on my x570 board so I can see if the chipset fan actually makes any noise. A 360mm radiator will keep the CPU cool long enough to tell.
Posted by: Rick C at Thursday, September 26 2019 12:59 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Jay at Thursday, September 26 2019 01:03 AM (mrlXS)
Posted by: Wonderduck at Thursday, September 26 2019 07:56 AM (+qGjD)
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, September 27 2019 12:31 AM (Iwkd4)
58 queries taking 0.1722 seconds, 340 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.