Sunday, May 19
Skipped A Day Somewhere Edition
- As expected, BIOS updates are rolling out for existing AMD motherboards to enable PCIe 4.0 support. (Tom's Hardware)
You'll still need a 3000-series Ryzen CPU to take advantage of this, but you won't need a new motherboard. Meanwhile, Intel is planning to require new motherboards for their 10th generation chips, but won't be supporting PCIe 4.0.
AMD are expected to launch new motherboards next year with DDR5 support, though they haven't made any specific announcements yet.
- Computer too fast? Got too much memory and storage? Why not try an Arduino Nano, starting at 20MHz with 48KB of flash and 6KB of RAM? (Tom's Hardware)
The more advanced Nano 33 BLE, with a 64MHz Cortex-M4F Arm CPU, 1MB flash, and 256KB RAM, would make a nice desktop system. Maybe a little light on the RAM, but otherwise solid.
- TechDirt has settled its dispute with a litigious internet twatwaffle. (TechDirt)
It's not exactly a resounding victory for free speech, but no money changed hands except in legal expenses, and at least it's over.
- Python 3.8 hopes to implement subinterpreters and finally work around the perfidious GIL.
At this point my response is a profound meh. This was needed ten years ago. Too late.
- Can "indie" social media save us? (The New Yorker)
Save whom? Oh, alright, yeah, maybe. If I can get a break from fighting with Ethereum.
- Microsoft, you idiots. (Bleeping Computer)
- Crunchyroll in hot water for removing girls' panties from an anime trailer. (One Angry Gamer)
Honestly though, the show in question looks terrible.
Really, the single biggest problem with this series - after the school uniforms, which are believably hideous - is that all the girls have exactly the same smile. Aforementioned airhead, pettanko tsundere, student council president, only sane woman, even the teacher. Lazy character design there, and the end result is slightly creepy.
InÅ-Batoru wa NichijÅ-kei no Naka de: Just when you think it might actually get interesting, it falls off a cliff. Dropped hard.
Actually, I Am: Terrible rubbish.
Posted by: Rick C at Monday, May 20 2019 10:33 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pete Zaitcev at Monday, May 20 2019 11:16 AM (LZ7Bg)
Posted by: Mauser at Monday, May 20 2019 01:27 PM (Ix1l6)
Pete: I forgot about NetoJuu. I'll give it a try.
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Monday, May 20 2019 02:28 PM (PiXy!)
58 queries taking 0.1019 seconds, 339 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.