Saturday, September 03
Recive Complain Edition
- Twitter had a new plan to fight "extremism" - then Elon Musk arrived. (The Verge)
If you're guessing that "extremism" means normal people opposing fascist lunatics and the "new plan" was more annoying popups and account bans, then you're absolutely correct.
The first cool part is that Elon's bid to buy Twitter caused so much chaos internally that the plan was still-born, with management decisions delayed and many of the key censors fleeing the company for even shittier fields.
The second cool part is that an upset would-be censor who tweeted their wish that current CEO Parag Agrawal and former CEO Jack Dorsey "all fall down a very long flight of stairs" was reported for threatening a co-worker and fired.
- I've ordered a Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Gen 3 as an update to my Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Gen 2. It's about the same size and weight, and has only a minor screen upgrade, but it ships with Android 12 rather than Android 9 and has two A75 cores which blow the A53 cores on the older model out of the water.
Also it was on sale and my old tablet is in a box somewhere and I can't find it.
- The commenters over at Ars Technica are too deranged for me to deal with today.
- USB 4 version 2 also does 120Gbps - in one direction. (Angstronomics)
And 40Gbps back. This is very handy if you want to dock your laptop with an 8K 120Hz screen with integrated I/O and networking. Not that there are a lot of such monitors available - precisely zero as at the time of writing - but since USB 4 version 2 isn't out yet either that's not a huge problem.
The article also notes that although USB 4 is very new, Thunderbolt 3 (which USB 4 is based on) delivered 40Gbps speeds all the way back in 2015, so this speed increase has been a while coming.
- Sony's Xperia 5 IV is basically a smaller version of their Xperia 1 IV. (Liliputing)
While a 6.1" screen isn't small, the device is basically all screen, making it similar in size to 5.5" phones from three or four years ago.
It also comes with a 1/8" headphone jack and a microSD slot, two endangered species in the phone space.
Not cheap though at just under $1000.
Posted by: Pixy Misa at
| Comments (12)
| Add Comment
| Trackbacks (Suck)
Post contains 419 words, total size 3 kb.
Posted by: at Monday, November 21 2022 10:28 PM (/19gQ)
Posted by: at Wednesday, January 04 2023 04:54 PM (u/he/)
Posted by: at Wednesday, January 04 2023 07:00 PM (cCDl3)
Posted by: licaki at Monday, January 09 2023 09:39 PM (pImk9)
Posted by: at Tuesday, January 10 2023 03:38 PM (RQNDp)
Posted by: licaki at Wednesday, January 11 2023 09:49 PM (FAFyg)
Posted by: at Thursday, January 12 2023 06:38 PM (F8sMH)
Posted by: licaki at Wednesday, January 18 2023 08:06 PM (+w2Aq)
Posted by: licaki at Thursday, January 19 2023 08:41 PM (TWVoN)
Posted by: at Saturday, January 28 2023 06:57 PM (S5ir/)
Posted by: at Sunday, January 29 2023 06:26 PM (DOz8p)
Posted by: licaki at Tuesday, January 31 2023 08:26 PM (7pzXt)
58 queries taking 0.3185 seconds, 341 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.