Tuesday, July 06
Faster Than The Bear Edition
- REvil has asked for $70 million to decrypt all the victims of their latest attack. (Bleeping Computer)
I can't be the only one wondering what would come out of comparison shopping that price against contracting the Russian mob to remove the problem entirely.
REvil themselves appear to have been doing some calculations because they quickly lowered the price to $50 million.
It tells the story of an alien invasion that doesn't go entirely as the conquerors had planned, when the invasion force turns out to be five small frogs who are bullied into submission by a teenage girl.
- News you can use: How to uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10. (Tom's Hardware)
Well, if you followed yesterday's news, step one is to delete your virtual machine.
- Don't buy a GPU! (WCCFTech)
They're actually in stock consistently right now, and prices are starting to trend downwards, but indications are this is going to accelerate in the next few weeks as Chinese crypto miners dump their cards onto eBay.
- QNAP has fixed a critical vulnerability in their backup and disaster recovery software. (Bleeping Computer)
No, not that one, a new one.
- Is Audacity suddenly spyware? (PC Magazine)
If you have to ban children from using your product because it forcibly collects personal data, that's a pretty clear signal you're doing something you shouldn't.
And it's proof that there are worse hosts for open-source projects than Oracle, who, amazingly, still haven't ruined MySQL. I mean, it has some - quirks, shall we say - but it's still free.
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google have threatened to drop services to Hong Kong. (WSJ)
I mean.... Fuck everyone in this situation except for the citizens of Hong Kong.
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, July 06 2021 11:06 PM (eqaFC)
Link to 7 july points to main page.
Like to 8 july points to the actual 7 july page, and the Guu video doesn't display.
Posted by: PatBuckman at Wednesday, July 07 2021 07:50 PM (6y7dz)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Wednesday, July 07 2021 08:29 PM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Wednesday, July 07 2021 08:31 PM (PiXy!)
and shows up fine now
Posted by: PatBuckman at Thursday, July 08 2021 12:36 AM (6y7dz)
58 queries taking 0.0944 seconds, 338 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.