Tuesday, July 27
Do A Flip Edition
- If you can't beat 'em, rename 'em: Intel's second-generation 10nm process is now simply called Intel 7. (AnandTech)
That's not entirely unreasonable; Intel's 10nm is closer in density to TSMC's 7nm than to their 10nm. Still, TSMC is in mass production on 5nm right now and preparing to roll out 4nm.
Intel 7 will be followed next year by Intel 4 - their 7nm process - and then by Intel 3 in 2023 and Intel 20A the year after that.
20A is the new 5nm.
- The integrated graphics in Meteor Lake, the followup to Raptor Lake, which will follow Alder Lake, will have 192 EUs. (Tom's Hardware)
And will likely require yet another new motherboard.
Double the number of graphic cores might keep it from losing too horribly compared to AMD's Raphael, which will arrive rather sooner.
- Meanwhile AMD's 7900 XT could have three times the shaders of the current top-of-the-line 6900 XT. (WCFTech)
Using two chiplets to do so. Even at 5nm that would be unfeasibly large for a single chip. And between 256MB and 512MB of cache - probably using the die stacking they recently showed off on Ryzen CPUs.
- Executives of the Tether stablecoin are reportedly being investigated for possible bank fraud charges. (Bloomberg)
Just throw them all in a volcano. Faster, less painful, better for the environment.
- The EU is seeking to sue Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Spain, Finland, France, Croatia, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia and Slovakia over failure to implement incomprehensibly tortuous new copyright laws. (TorrentFreak)
Why yes, that would be every single member state other than Germany.
I've heard it claimed that trying to be so dense was a major reason for the long delays on 10nm and that they had to back off on the density.
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, July 27 2021 11:49 PM (eqaFC)
Posted by: Gmac at Wednesday, July 28 2021 12:40 AM (qZdIZ)
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, July 28 2021 01:26 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Wednesday, July 28 2021 08:56 AM (PiXy!)
Anyone heard from the duck lately? It's been weeks (I think) since Brickmuppet's last update.
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, July 28 2021 11:20 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: cxt217 at Wednesday, July 28 2021 12:34 PM (MuaLM)
58 queries taking 0.2748 seconds, 322 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.