Monday, January 06
CESmas Eve Edition
- 'Twas the night before CESmas and all through the house,
Not a story was stirring, not even a new Logitech gaming mouse.
- Intel's 45W 10th gen mobile CPUs will be out soon. (AnandTech)
Just in time for Intel's 14nm++ parts to get stomped by AMD's 7nm ones.
- Lisa Su's keynote address is in about 10 hours, which means that unusually - very unusually - it is at an entirely convenient time for me to watch it live. When I've done that in the past it's been at 3AM or worse.
- Seagate is launching the FireCuda Gaming, a portable USB 20 SSD. (AnandTech)
USB 20 is pretty thin on the ground, but it is of course backward - and forward - compatible.
- Asus has a 360Hz monitor because numbers. (Tom's Hardware)
- Keep Labs, which makes and sells digital weed humidors, won an innovation award from CES and then was banned from saying what its product actually does. (Tech Crunch)
This is an annual event at CES now.
- Acer announced a 55" 4K 120Hz DCI-P3 HDR OLED monitor unless it didn't. (WCCFTech)
It will cost $2999 when it arrives in six to eight months.
- Beware of brown M&Ms.
In this case the brown M&M is a completely redundant dependency with an AGPL license, which means that using the parent, nominally BSD-licensed, library infects your entire project.
There is no reason to license a library under AGPL. That's not what it's for.
- I have no eyes but I must see. (Cell)
- Your blog post is bad and you should feel bad. (Real World Tech)
Original Linus pointing out that no, Linux doesn't have a problem with its locking mechanism, you have a problem with your benchmark code.
Anime Music Video of the Day
Music Video of the Day
Picture of the Day
Disclaimer: The only thing worse than that thing is that other thing.
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, January 07 2020 02:49 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Tuesday, January 07 2020 03:11 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Tuesday, January 07 2020 03:22 AM (PiXy!)
I agree, I just thought it was funny, and kind of potentially concerning, from a security standpoint, that it didn't ask when embedded.
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, January 07 2020 04:40 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: J Greely at Wednesday, January 08 2020 06:59 AM (ZlYZd)
58 queries taking 0.1613 seconds, 270 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.