Sunday, July 05
Space Force Anthem Edition
- The Ryzen 4700G appears to match the 3800X in Cinebench. (WCCFTech)
That's not astonishing since they're both 8-core 16-thread Zen 2 parts (the Ryzen 4700U though is 8-core 8-thread). But the 4700G has only one quarter the cache - 8MBvs. 32MB - and a 65W vs. 95W TDP.
Which means, going forward, that unless you need more than 8 cores, or specifically need PCIe 4.0, the desktop APUs might be a better buy than the CPUs.
- If regular Motif and CDE just aren't doing it and you need an Irix fix that too is now available. (MaXX Interactive)
64-bit retro for everyone!
- Cronk is back! (The Guardian)
The recipe calls for sassafras, sarsaparilla, hops, chamomile, cinnamon, ginger, green tea and molasses, said Belding.Uh. Yeah, I'll pass. Thanks all the same.
- Writing a Basic interpreter in assembler, 80s style. (Able.bio)
Wait, I looked at the code. That's a macro assembler! It has while loops! That's cheating!
- Walmart is converting the parking lots of 160 of its stores into drive-in theatres. (The Verge)
Sounds like a great idea to me.
- Twitter is removing language with racist overtones from its code and technical documentation. (CNet)
So terms like master and slave, which are common in technology but have unfortunate connotations in this age of universal stupidity.
And also... Grandfathered, sanity check, and dummy value, because they failed the second of those.
- Meet John Smith. John works for Google. As a bot. (Search Engine Land)
Every day John signs up with online retailers, puts items in his cart, then abandons them. John is kind of a jerk.
Anime Music Video of the Day
Happy Independence Day everyone!
Did I disable videos in the comments or is it broken just for that one?
As yet unapproved.
Posted by: The Brickmuppet at Sunday, July 05 2020 05:38 PM (5iiQK)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Sunday, July 05 2020 07:45 PM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Sunday, July 05 2020 07:49 PM (PiXy!)
Posted by: The Brickmuppet at Monday, July 06 2020 06:48 AM (5iiQK)
58 queries taking 0.1405 seconds, 269 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.