Monday, March 23
- Depending on the global market for essential goods and services is a bad idea. (The Guardian)
The EU was a bad idea; national self-sufficiency is key.
Yes, The Guardian.
- Intel's upcoming Lakefield processors could be competitive with the Snapdragon 835. (Tom's Hardware)
Which is three years old now, so good job Intel.
- Car companies are leaping into the brave new ventilator world. (Tech Crunch)
Ventilators are essential for pneumonia patients but are much simpler than other modern medical devices so this is actually feasible.
The other point of interest is the contrast between the tweets from a Republican president:
And a Democratic governor:
I'd take the political stuff to Twitter but I've been ghostbanned. Which is like being shadowbanned only they kill you.
- Why is the EAX register called that?
Well, the E stands for "extended" and the X stands for "extended" and everything is shut down and it's a really slow news day.
- On the other hand I got groceries delivered today - everything except the carrot cake, which was out of stock, and the paper towels, which I forgot to order.
And I was able to place an order for next week. Since Coles stopped doing home deliveries Woolworths has been booked solid, but they seem to be bringing that under control.
- Ordered that Threadripper server at my day job. Not one but two 8TB enterprise PCIe SSDs.
- Amazon Prime deliveries can now take as long as a month. (Vox)
Welcome to Australia.
- Amazon Prime Video on the other hand is now streaming the latest cinema releases same day. (CNet)
Because the cinemas aren't.
- Some French dude named Jean-Louis Gassée speculates on where Apple is headed with MacOS and iOS. (Monday Note)
What would he know?
Posted by: Jay at Monday, March 23 2020 10:26 PM (vuQH5)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, March 24 2020 01:20 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, March 24 2020 01:25 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, March 24 2020 01:34 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Tuesday, March 24 2020 10:56 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, March 24 2020 02:28 PM (Iwkd4)
Now people will be breathing at 10000rpm with a hybrid power unit!
Posted by: Wonderduck at Tuesday, March 24 2020 02:54 PM (cTMj+)
Wonderduck - that's cool. Fortunately, we still have this to tide us over:
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Tuesday, March 24 2020 03:00 PM (PiXy!)
Posted by: J Greely at Tuesday, March 24 2020 04:37 PM (ZlYZd)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, March 24 2020 11:47 PM (Iwkd4)
58 queries taking 0.0845 seconds, 335 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.