Tuesday, April 21
Beware The Ides Of... Never Mind Edition
- A look at an ATX EPYC motherboard. (AnandTech)
It only has dual 10GbE, eight DIMM slots and 88 available PCIe lanes plus two M.2 NVMe slots, but... Actually that's rather a lot.
The version reviewed is PCIe 3.0 but there's an updated model out now.
- LG's new phone is named Vervet, like the monkeys. (AnandTech)
And it has a headphone jack.
- Remind me not to invest in Merus Capital. (Tech Crunch)
For the three weeks it survives.
- Buying a barrel of crude oil. (Bloomberg)
Well, not me personally.
On the other hand.
- The last release of the last good version of Python is here. (ZDNet)
The Python project appears to now be run by idiots:
There were large changes midway through Python 2.7's life, such as PEP 466's feature backports to the ssl module and hash randomization.Hash randomization. And an updated version of SSL.
Anyway, PyPy will support Python 2.7 indefinitely, because it's a Python 2.7 compiler written in Python 2.7. (It also supports 3.6 and shortly 3.7.)
- The right of the people peacably to assemble and petition the government ah fuck it. (Vice)
Of course the First Amendment only applies to the government, but the abject willingness of social networks to roll over for fascism is a reminder of how everything bad in human history came to be, from the Toba supereruption to NPM.
- Will comic books survive coronavirus is the wrong question. (The Guardian)
Comic books have been dead for years. The industry would have folded up by 2010 if it hadn't been single-handedly rescued by Robert Downey Jr's performance in Iron Man.
Music Video of the Day
Coincidentally I was just telling my son about it yesterday.
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, April 22 2020 12:20 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Wednesday, April 22 2020 12:33 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: cxt217 at Wednesday, April 22 2020 08:50 AM (4i7w0)
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, April 22 2020 12:08 PM (Iwkd4)
58 queries taking 0.1854 seconds, 269 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.