Tuesday, October 20
Advance Warning Edition
- Disabled the dedicated graphics on New Spare Laptop and now it's behaving itself. Idle Champions is running just fine, which was the goal after all.
Looks like the Radeon GPU can push power draw above what the charger can deliver (only 65W) at least briefly. If that happens when the battery is literally at zero charge, splat. Fortunately lets you choose when to use Intel vs. AMD graphics, and you can easily lock it in power-saving mode where the GPU is disabled entirely.
Going to pop it open next weekend and see if disconnecting the battery really does fix this issue.
Update: And splat. That is one garbage power supply they have there.
- Intel has sold off its entire flash memory business to SK Hynix for around $9 billion. (Tom's Hardware)
Intel was a key early player but lately hasn't been much of anything.
- Benchmarks of what may be AMD's Epyc Milan may indicate that it may match the best Xeon CPUs in single-threaded performance. (WCCFTech)
While mopping the floor with Xeon in multi-threaded, of course.
- Arturo is a language inspired by REBOL and written in Nim. (GitHub)
- What's new in Windows 20H2? Not much, thank goodness. (Thurrott.com)
Maybe they could make it so that it actually notices that your battery isn't charging?
- Vtuber science babe something something.
â€¦.. hello, kind sir!..... I hope that you are well and good!...... can I get a backup of my site?...... it seems to be quite broken and 15 years worth of writing is gone from the interwebsâ€¦â€¦â€¦. Are you still hosting out blogs?.......
â€¦.. having the blogmeet again this year in Tennessee this weekendâ€¦â€¦. Wish that you could be here so that we could finally meet you!......
All the best,
Eric...... can you email me at this address, please?.....
Posted by: Eric SWG at Tuesday, October 20 2020 08:19 PM (q0/CS)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Tuesday, October 20 2020 08:46 PM (PiXy!)
58 queries taking 0.1083 seconds, 327 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.