Wednesday, September 16
Gone Rogue Edition
- Nvidia, having acquired Arm, may produce Arm CPUs. (Tom's Hardware)
CEO Jensen Huang also said he plans to speed up development of higher-performance Arm cores.
- It's BMO. (Tom's Hardware)
Only yellow. And for some reason, with two built-in keypads on the sides of his head.
- So you've decided to write a recursive descent parser. Here's why you shouldn't. (Laurence Tratt)
And here's how to make it work anyway. (Archive.Org)
- This is rather nice. (Itch.IO)
It's a work-in-progress animated tileset for a farming/village simulator, like that wildly popular game, or that other wildly popular game.
That image is 640x384, so Dream resolution rather than Imagine resolution. The Imagine would show three quarters of that width and height.
- IBM is working on an 1121 qubit quantum computer. (ZDNet)
In theory, each additional qubit doubles the power of a quantum computer. IBM only announced a 65 qubit quantum computer this month. So 1121 is a lot.
- Sony has reportedly scaled back launch quantities of the PS5 by 25% due to chip production issues. (Thurrott.com)
Which is slightly odd, because the PS5 custom chip is designed by AMD and produced on TSMC's established 7nm process, just like the Xbox Series S and X custom chips, and AMD's own APUs, CPUs, and GPUs. Why just Sony?
- A couple more Raspberry Pi competitors. (ZDNet)
Interesting note: The Odroid C4's chip with a quad 2GHz A55 roughly matches the RasPi's quad 1.5GHz A72. I've never used an A55 device, but this suggests it is usefully faster than the ubiquitous A53. Between the A72 and the A53 it was really no contest.
- I did not change the architecture of any imaginary computers today. Not because I was being good, more because I wasn't feeling well and went to bed early.
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, September 16 2020 06:54 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, September 16 2020 07:01 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, September 16 2020 07:06 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, September 16 2020 07:09 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Wednesday, September 16 2020 08:45 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Phil Fraering at Wednesday, September 16 2020 11:06 AM (Clxcy)
58 queries taking 0.1413 seconds, 271 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.