Friday, August 23
Plugged Nickel Edition
- Whoever designed the Chrome bookmark manager eats paste. On a good day.
- Asus has three new AMD notebooks out. (AnandTech)
All with 14" 1920x1080 screens and a maximum of 16GB RAM. None with PgUp/PgDn/Home/End though, so meh. I'm typing this on a cheap-and-cheerful Lenovo that does have those keys and cost a little over A$200, so there's really no excuse.
- Facebook isn't censoring conservatives, and we know that from a Facebook audit of Facebook which says so and also didn't audit squat. (TechDirt)
But no conservatives are being censored.
- Apple may be preparing to release an iPhone Pro after internal reports circulated suggesting they do not have "all the money". (Tech Crunch)
The iPhone Pro will feature a matte finish.
And possibly a new bezel.
- A password-stealing trojan has been discovered in NPM package bb-builder. (Bleeping Computer)
This was found during a full scan of nine fucking million NPM packages. Fortunately not many people seem to have installed bb-builder, but the whole area is ripe for utter disaster, because installing one NPM package will routinely download and install hundreds or even thousands of others.
- Backdoors have also been found in 10 more Ruby libraries. (ZDNet)
These examples were all fake packages dressed up to look like useful code.
Capability-based programming now.
- Apple's new credit card is quintessentially Apple. (ZDNet)
"Moisten a soft, microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the card," Apple says.Also leather and denim. And air.
Cupertino does not currently sell approved cloths or recommended alcohol.
Apple further warns that the credit card ... should be kept away from loose change, keys, and other credit cards.
No quiche for you! (Thurrott.com)
Android 10 will just be Android 10.
Just wait. 1oz bottles coming soon...$17, or $70AUD
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, August 23 2019 01:37 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, August 23 2019 01:38 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Friday, August 23 2019 01:59 AM (PiXy!)
I can't wait for Apple fanbois to explain why that's a good thing.
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, August 23 2019 02:05 AM (Iwkd4)
58 queries taking 0.1645 seconds, 292 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.