Tuesday, February 20
- Planets are small things, rarely supporting more than a handful of villages.
- The two most dangerous professions in the galaxy are Space Marine and Senior Medical Officer.
- All pre-industrial civilisations are blissed-out hippies.
- All post-industrial civilisations are stupid.
- All industrial civilisations are psychotic.
- You can get away with anything if you can plausibly lay the blame on a parallel universe.
Posted by: GreyDuck at Tuesday, February 20 2007 07:54 PM (GRUEw)
95% of habitable planets look like Vancouver, Canada.
Unless the hot chick is Goa'uld, she's likely a good guy.
Few aliens have discovered sarcasm.
Posted by: Will at Wednesday, February 21 2007 12:10 PM (SOx9v)
Religion is based on the worship of stupid, post-industrial beings. Unless you're a "fanatic" and worship the stargate itself.
Any fraternizing between soldiers must immediately be followed by a time warp or a dimension hop.
True love is doomed. The best you can hope for is to be with your loved one after you've died.
Even if your planet has had no outside contact for thousands of years, you will still speak modern english.
Posted by: owlish at Wednesday, February 21 2007 03:00 PM (Pnk6d)
With the solitary exception of Abydos.
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Wednesday, February 21 2007 09:44 PM (FSeIE)
If you have an incredibly valuable and useful portal to thousands of other worlds, you will most likely forget how to use it, and only in the rarest circumstances will you guard it.
In contrast to pretty much all of recorded history, most civilizations are both peaceful and liberal.
One shot stuns, two shots kills, three shots disintegrates.
The floor is never "out of phase."
Posted by: TallDave at Thursday, February 22 2007 11:50 PM (odS+4)
52 queries taking 0.4739 seconds, 281 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.