Tuesday, March 29
And Then There Was One (And A Dozen Alternates) Edition
- I'm pretty sure the real estate agent for the house I talked about yesterday is playing games with me - I can see the Internet Archive, I know how long this place has been on the market, sure you have a hot prospect right this minute and are expecting to exchange contracts shortly, I believe you, millions wouldn't - but I don't have time so you're off the list.
Which leaves me with something that's cheaper and doesn't appear to need any work. Still with the old-school high ceilings, and 50% larger than my current place while being 60% cheaper. Maybe not my dream home but a huge improvement and the mortgage payments on a 10-year loan will be
less thannot much more than my current rent.
- The ECASH bill in the US House of Representatives aims to introduce a government-controlled non-blockchain anonymous digital currency. (CoinDesk)
It would be legal tender, support peer-to-peer transactions, and would not have either a centralised or distributed ledger. Like cash, the ledger would be after the fact, not part of the currency.
I'm going to have to read up on this because this sounds (a) like a good idea and (b) impossible.
- The Asus ProART B660 Creator D4 is a pretty good and not overly expensive Alder Lake motherboard. (Guru3d)
It's the cheaper B660 chipset so not overflowing with slots and I/O, but all the essentials are there including four DIMM slots (DDR4, still much cheaper than DDR5), a PCIe 5 x16 slot ready for next-generation graphics cards, three M.2 slots for storage, and two 2.5Gb Ethernet ports.
- Shorter MIT: We suspended SAT requirements and half our freshman class are morons. (MIT Admissions)
So you admit it, do you?
Hacker News thread says no shit, Sherlock. Also that college mostly sucks.
- The car dealership did it. (EFF)
Sorry to spoil the punch line.
Party Like We're Underwater Video of the Day
Had to get up during the night because rain was coming down sideways and my front hall was flooded.
Had to pause writing this post because rain was coming down sideways and my front hall was flooded again.
Gotta get out of the flood zone.
Posted by: Frank at Tuesday, March 29 2022 06:16 PM (rglbH)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Tuesday, March 29 2022 06:32 PM (PiXy!)
*snort* I hope you told her.
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, March 30 2022 05:39 AM (oPg+d)
Posted by: PatBuckman at Wednesday, March 30 2022 07:40 AM (r9O5h)
58 queries taking 0.1327 seconds, 337 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.