Sunday, February 07
Making Chicken Pancakes Edition
- I have only one source of gluten-free chicken nuggets, they're not particularly cheap, and they're out of stock half the time.
But I now have a little oven that can cook basically anything and be wiped clean with a handful of paper towels no matter how messy the recipe. So time to experiment.
I've ordered a big batch of chicken fillets and gluten-free marinades, flour, breadcrumbs, and pancake mix to try out in various combinations. Plus some vegetables so I can just do a mini roast dinner. Won't go hungry this week.
- Speaking of PCIe 5.0 Silicon Motion expects to be shipping PCIe 5.0 SSD controllers in the second half of 2022. (Tom's Hardware)
No technical details yet, but the first PCIe 4.0 controllers could "only" reach 5GB per second so we might see something similar again.
- Reverse-engineering a one-bit processor. (Righto)
This is not even a bit-slice CPU, it is literally a one-bit architecture.
- You apparently can stop the Signal. (Bleeping Computer)
Iran banned Signal.
Signal suggested users use SSL proxies and provided sample code.
Security researchers posted information about security issues with this approach to GitHub.
Signal said please don't use GitHub for this, post the details to our support forums.
The researchers posted the information to Signal's support forums.
Signal banned them.
- Apps in Apple's App Store lie. (MSN)
They may say they store no private information, but they do.
When questioned, Apple said - and I quote - "Whatever."
Oh, and that article sets 87 cookies even with AdBlock Plus enabled. Literally. I counted them.
- AlmaLinux is a fork of CentOS - specifically CentOS 8. (AlmaLinux)
Sponsored by CloudLinux, which is a commercial fork of RHEL. It's out in beta right now.
- The internet is full of crazy people. (New York Times)
And not all of them work for the New York Times.
- Though many do.
They explicitly fired someone for discussing racist language. Outside of work. On the other side of the planet.
Twitter Sets Itself On Fire Over Puppets Video of the Day
As I say every day, any country that doesn't ban Twitter is out of its mind.
Disclaimer: All tits and curses, all the time.
Posted by: normal at Monday, February 08 2021 02:08 AM (obo9H)
Posted by: Wonderduck at Monday, February 08 2021 08:55 AM (Bkp4m)
Posted by: Jay at Monday, February 08 2021 01:55 PM (0jVI9)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Monday, February 08 2021 07:54 PM (PiXy!)
58 queries taking 0.1258 seconds, 336 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.