Monday, November 29
Buses Considered Beneficial Edition
- Australia's federal government is planning legislation to force social networks to disclose user details so they can be sued. (The Register)
I'd be on Twitter excoriating those fascist dipshits in Canberra except that Twitter already banned me for excoriating those communist dipshits in Melbourne.
Suck it, Jack.
- Not much news, it's all Cyber Monday nonsense. But that means there hasn't been a new security catastrophe over the weekend, because those make the headlines even if people are trying to take the day off.
- The bus factor for PHP was two. (Musings)
Maybe as few as two people would have to wake up this morning and decide they want to do something different with their lives in order for the PHP project to lack the expertise and resources to move it forward in its current form, and at current pace.Learn a real programming language, losers.
Just focus on that number for a few seconds ... think of the number of people whose livelihoods depend on PHP, the number of mortgages, car payments, school fees, entire payrolls ...
It's the scariest number 2 I have ever seen.
Everybody who follows the development of PHP knows who these two people are.Hmm.
They are Dmitry Stogov, and Nikita Popov.
God damn it.
- I have no idea what I'm doing. (Surfing Complexity)
Well, yes, but also no. Or possibly vice-versa.
- When a Google cloud server gets compromised, it's mining crypto within 22 seconds. (CNBC)
Only 8% of compromised servers are used as a platform for further hacking attempts; the majority are hacked and immediately mining crypto, which if you have any monitoring all will set off all your alarms.
- Hololive Gen 6 - holoX, pronounced hollocks, seriously - has launched, and YouTube is doing what it always does: Automatically unsubscribing tens of thousands of fans.
Exactly what they did to EN Gen 2 three months ago.
YouTube is an interesting mix of incompetence, arrogance, and antipathy. They actively hate their users - creators and viewers alike - but they know that there's not really anywhere else for people to go.
I think we're gonna need a bigger bus.
We Heard You Liked Blocks So We Put Blocks In Your Blocks So You Can Block While You Block Video of the Day
Okay, yeah. Don't care if it needs a 3090 to run. I'm getting that.
Party Like It's 1979 Video of the Day
Disclaimer: This bus goes to eleven.
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, November 30 2021 12:31 AM (Z0GF0)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, November 30 2021 12:44 AM (Z0GF0)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, November 30 2021 12:49 AM (Z0GF0)
Posted by: normal at Tuesday, November 30 2021 03:45 AM (obo9H)
They are up to episode 8 with new episodes added weekly.
Posted by: Tim Turner at Tuesday, November 30 2021 10:27 AM (n+R81)
58 queries taking 0.2429 seconds, 340 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.