Monday, February 22
Random Cheery Thoughts Edition
- Thoughts from an Ethereum developer. (GitHub)
- Not 1984 but Brave New World. (ZDNet)
Is that better? Maybe, if the only available alternative was indeed 1984.
The usual suspects have signed on to an Australian industry code aimed at stamping out that most dangerous of all scourges, misinformation.
Of course, Facebook has taken it a step further and stamped out Facebook. File that one under met or exceeded.
- Liberals get the bullet too. (BuzzFeed)
Communists at Facebook are upset that the CEO has influence over corporate policy, and that they are prevented from simply deleting everything they disagree with.
- Turning all of science fiction's dire warnings into Totalitarianism for Dummies guides. (The Next Web)
Today: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Precrime.
- Vyolfers streamed Minecraft this morning and Reine is resuming her previously aborted stream right now. I found that literally seconds before it went live.
Their shopping mall is starting to look really impressive.
- Half-price sale on organic gluten-free flours. Don't care at all about the organic part, but do appreciate the gluten-free and half-price. Have brown rice flour, coconut flour, almond flour, lentil flour, and oat flour incoming.
Just cross-checking, at half price they're cheaper than the inorganic equivalents but not radically so, except for the almond flour which is expensive no matter what.
Hardware Unavailable Video of the Day
Which unavailable graphics card should you buy? A quick check in Australia showed the RX 550 and RX 6900XT in stock on the AMD side - at $149 and $2149 respectively. Every card in between was out of stock.
On the Nvidia side things were slightly better, with the discontinued 2060, 2070, and 2080 being readily available albeit outrageously expensive, and the RTX 3090 selling at not too much above its list price.
Posted by: normal at Tuesday, February 23 2021 01:08 AM (LADmw)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, February 23 2021 02:44 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, February 23 2021 02:46 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: StargazerA5 at Tuesday, February 23 2021 02:54 AM (WIXd2)
I didn't know they were still selling them either.
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, February 23 2021 03:11 AM (eqaFC)
58 queries taking 0.175 seconds, 326 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.