Wednesday, December 15
A Starlab Is Born Edition
- The patched version of Log4j was still unsafe. (LunaSec)
Go patch your patches.
- Half of corporate networks have been targeted for this vulnerability. (ZDNet)
The other half don't have the necessary auditing to know they have been targeted.
- Two trees good, four trees better, say scientists. (Phys.org)
Plant plants, they suggest.
- The Dell Luna laptop is repairable and upgradeable and for some reason boxier than a 70s Volvo station wagon and an extremely unattractive shade of grey. (The Verge)
Acer also has a repairable, environmentally friendly laptop range, and they are also boxy and ugly.
- Nvidia's rumoured 16GB 3070 Ti and 12GB 3080 that were rumoured to be scheduled to be announced this week are now rumoured to not. (WCCFTech)
Unless they are. Who knows?
Party Like It's Schadenfreude All the Way Down Video of the Day
Party Like It's 1979 Video of the Day
Disclaimer: Well owl bee.
Posted by: Grumpy and Recalcitrant at Wednesday, December 15 2021 10:30 PM (nRMeC)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Thursday, December 16 2021 12:02 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Thursday, December 16 2021 12:03 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Rick C at Thursday, December 16 2021 12:18 AM (Z0GF0)
The way moderns and environmentalists do forestry in the US involves letting stuff build up until even the trees that would normally survive fires will burn down.
Posted by: PatBuckman at Thursday, December 16 2021 01:49 AM (r9O5h)
Posted by: normal at Thursday, December 16 2021 02:23 AM (LADmw)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Thursday, December 16 2021 03:16 AM (PiXy!)
Alumi[n[i]]um refining has pretty much been associated with hydropower since the first large-scale refinery opened near the Niagara hydropower plant in 1895, so I'm not really sure what they're bragging about here.
Posted by: normal at Thursday, December 16 2021 07:47 AM (obo9H)
We will ignore that several such utilities have been caught over-subscribing consumers to these programs, and promising many more gw hours of clean hydropower than the plant is capable of producing...
Posted by: David at Thursday, December 16 2021 11:12 AM (t/97R)
Posted by: normal at Friday, December 17 2021 03:41 AM (LADmw)
58 queries taking 0.157 seconds, 326 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.