Wednesday, February 10
- Wait, you can embed Reddit posts? Let's try that. Don't have a tag yet, so these are manual.
Amelia is at 995k, and Coco at 980k right now. Haachama was in third place but then she strapped on a JATO unit and blew right past them.
Reddit embeds seem to work pretty well - and load a lot faster than Twitter - with one exception. If a post has been edited by default it won't display the text in an embed (which is reasonable - you don't want to accidentally embed something that then turns weird), but if you disable that feature it still doesn't display the text.
- The advantage of having a split personality is that you can be in two places at once. Akai Haato has a livestream starting in an hour:
While Haachama is doing a Minecraft collab with Mio, Fubuki, Botaan, and Watame.
Update: She ducked out of the collab to do a live version of her own stream rather than the pre-recorded one. It's extra weird this way. Psychological horror / one million subscriber party crossover.
- My huge grocery order arrived. Or more precisely, I got some chicken, some grapes, and some eggs and margarine.
Everything else - 90% of the order - was listed as out of stock. Everything from flour, sugar, potatoes, and Pepsi to my favourite gluten-free carrot cake slices that actually do go out of stock regularly.
Apparently there was a widespread failure of their barcode scanning system late last night when my order was being picked, and so I got only the few items that they already had in the cart when the scanners failed.
They didn't bother to say that, though. Just an automated sorry, some of your items were out of stock followed by two pages of stuff I didn't get.
Even bigger order inbound tomorrow, I hope. A few items are now on sale so I'm saving about $20.
- I found a donut maker. Actually a four-in-one device with swappable cooking plates - donuts, waffles, and open and closed toasted sandwiches.
The same store I found that has one donut maker - the only one I can find in Australia - has ten different takoyaki makers.
- Zombie girl is singing anime songs. Including K-On. Took me a moment to go from hey I know that one, to oh, yeah.
- Chrome sucks at handling busy YouTube livestreams.
How badly does it suck? A stream that caused Chrome to freeze up on my desktop PC (Ryzen 1700, 16GB RAM), played just fine, including live chat, on a 2013 Nexus 7 (1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2GB RAM) using the YouTube app.
- Why Intel's new Rocket Lake processors won't work on most current motherboards. (Tom's Hardware)
Because fuck you, that's why.
- We've removed your clothing items from our store because they contain drugs, somehow. (Medium)
Also no, even though you pay us over $100,000 a year and this is obvious bullshit you get no support whatsoever.
Also yes, we do sell hundreds of thousands of products that are obviously fake and do nothing about them despite constant complaints.
Yes, it's Amazon again.
- Intel's Horse Ridge II has a maximum operating temperature of 4. (Serve the Home)
It's a support chip for quantum computing - a qubit interface chip, rather than the qubit processing element itself.
- Apple has patched their sudo problem. (Bleeping Computer)
In the last three releases, so you're not forced to upgrade just for the security fix. I rag on Apple a lot, and all of it is deserved, but this they've handled appropriately.
- Qaulcomm's new X65 5G modem can hit 10Gbps. (ZDNet)
No, you don't need 10Gbps on your phone. The point of this is to get your download done and your phone back to idle and the network free again as quickly as possible.
- LineageOS now supports the Nintendo Switch. (XDA Developers)
You need to find an older Switch though, because Nintendo have patched the firmware to prevent you having nice things.
- One of the key features of the new Arm-based Macs is that they can run iOS apps. Unless Apple decides that they can't. (9to5Mac)
Apple could have added an alert saying that certain apps are not officially supported on MacOS, but instead they tell you that you are not permitted to run your software on your hardware.
It doesn't matter if you've bought the app. It doesn't matter if you've bought the computer. You don't own anything here. Fuck you.
K-On Song Video of the Day
I don't think the series had any of the full-length songs within the actual episodes. In fact, for a show about music it had remarkably little music. A Channel had a new full-length song in every episode.
The Tokyo Philharmonic Celebrates Haachama's Milestone Video of the Day
Let Me ExplainNo, there is to much. Let me sum up.
Click for bigger version.
Disclaimer: Rice is a side dish. Everything is a side dish if you're brave enough.
"This application cannot be installed because the developer did not intend for it to run on this platform."
"The developer said 'eff you'" is refreshingly honest.
Posted by: Rick C at Thursday, February 11 2021 03:56 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: The Brickmuppet at Thursday, February 11 2021 10:34 PM (5iiQK)
Posted by: jabrwok at Friday, February 12 2021 02:51 AM (BlRin)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Friday, February 12 2021 09:46 AM (PiXy!)
58 queries taking 0.0892 seconds, 336 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.