Sunday, March 01
Endless February Edition
- Another Space X hopper prototype came to a sticky end during pressure testing. (Space.com)
That's what prototypes are for, I guess.
- Rules for running web apps:
1. Hardware firewall in front of all your servers.
2. Software firewall per server for fine-grained control and just in case.
3. All incoming requests go through a proxy/;pad balancer.
4. App servers only accessible on the local network.
5. Don't expose port 8009 on an unpatched Tomcat instance. (ZDNet)
- The World Health Organisation says that the Wuhan Bat Soup Death Plague could be bad. (CNBC)
This is why they earn the big bucks.
- You can get the Huawei Mediapad M6 on AliExpress, though I can't link directly to it because their site is a disaster area.
Ranges from US$295 for the 4GB/64GB WiFi version, up to US$425 for the 6GB/128GB 4G version. CPU is a Kirin 980 which has four A76 cores and four crappy slow cores that no-one cares about. It's much the same as the M3 that I have (which is very nice) except that it's about twice as fast and comes with an almost current version of Android.
Also, it's missing the headphone jack (that was lost with the M5) and now the fingerprint sensor as well. Those aren't improvements.
Probably as a value-add they give you spyware and Wuhan Death Bat Soup too.
Posted by: Rick C at Monday, March 02 2020 01:59 PM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Monday, March 02 2020 11:07 PM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, March 03 2020 01:11 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Tuesday, March 03 2020 08:33 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, March 03 2020 09:57 AM (Iwkd4)
58 queries taking 0.0924 seconds, 338 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.