Saturday, May 16
Bee And Cabbage Pie Edition
- So now I have routing working properly between nested containers on my private cloud. Well, I had it working already, but I had each IP listed as its own route. Fortunately I didn't need a lot of routes so far, but that was going to get out of hand soon.
It makes sense that you have to be very precise with the route command. It doesn't make so much sense that they don't bother to document it.
- TechDirt is drunk again.
- TSMC is building a $12 billion 5nm fab in Arizona. (AnandTech)
Planned to start construction next year and come online in 2024. By then 3nm will be in full production, but it's likely this factory can upgrade to 3nm (and 2nm) as needed.
- ASRock has announced a server motherboard for the Xeon W-1200. (AnandTech)
Not sure how popular it will be with its crazy power draw when ASRock is already shipping Ryzen server boards, but I'm sure someone will buy it.
- Facebook is buying Giphy for $400 million. (Axios)
It's a server with a bunch of images and a copy of Elasticsearch.
- In a surprise move, all social networks have withdrawn business operations from France. (Tech Crunch)
Of course the content is still available and now outside French control, so all France has done is lost is jobs and relevance.
- This code does not do what you think. (Reddit)
If you change
twoto read as follows:
def three():numbers = range(6)for p in (2, 3):numbers = [ i for i in numbers if i % p ]return numbersThen it does precisely what you would expect. And that's the formulation I always use, which is why I've never tripped over this one.
Disclaimer: Not that they had a whole lot of either to begin with.
Eek. Sometime this morning a formatting issue occurred, and the right-hand column is in the middle of the page instead of where it belongs.
Posted by: Rick C at Saturday, May 16 2020 02:08 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: normal at Saturday, May 16 2020 02:55 AM (obo9H)
Posted by: cxt217 at Saturday, May 16 2020 03:06 AM (4i7w0)
Posted by: Rick C at Saturday, May 16 2020 03:51 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Saturday, May 16 2020 04:54 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: benzeen at Saturday, May 16 2020 05:27 AM (JpDcM)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Saturday, May 16 2020 11:16 AM (PiXy!)
For comments the software forcibly balances the tags, it currently doesn't for posts.
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Saturday, May 16 2020 02:03 PM (PiXy!)
58 queries taking 1.0131 seconds, 327 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.