Friday, March 13
Operation Petticoat Edition
- Oppo's Find X2 and Find X2 Pro offer flagship specs at flagship prices. (AnandTech)
Snapdragon 865, configurations from 8GB/128GB to 12GB/512B, 6.7" 3168x1440 AMOLED display with 120 Hz refresh and 100% of DCI-P3, 48MP main camera, 32MP front camera in a hole-punch format, and from the looks of things, neither a headphone jack nor a microSD card.
Prices start from €999.
- If you want to build a microATX Ryzen system, high end options are thin on the ground but here's one from ASRock that should do the trick. (PC Perspective)
Despite its smaller size, it packs in four DIMM slots, two M.2 slots, eight SATA ports, two PCIe x16 slots (presumably x8/x8) and a x1 slot.
It has a 7.1 audio chip, but for some reason does not have 7.1 audio output, with only 3 1/8" audio jacks. If surround sound is important a sound card is the way to go, either PCIe or USB.
- I have all of the Crusader Kings II DLC, thanks to a Humble Build-your-own Bundle that "saved" me an estimated A$450. Now I just need to find time to conquer the medieval world.
Of course Crusader Kings III is due out this year.
- Your personal information is worth about a dollar. (TechDirt)
Because targeted advertising... Doesn't work.
- You only licensed that light bulb, bub. (TechDirt)
Philips is phasing out support for Gen 1 Hue light bulbs. They're LED and have a lifespan of roughly forever; they just won't work anymore.
- Where are all the Ryzen 4000 desktop APUs? Oh there they are unless they're not. (WCCFTech)
These should be solid on the CPU side, with eight Zen 2 cores, but the new, faster Vega graphics will be limited by RAM speed; you'll probably want to go for DDR4-3600, which seems to be the price/performance sweet spot.
- Don't look, Ethel! (Medium)
You looked into your node_modules directory. You lose 1d6 SAN and are paralysed for 10 rounds.
Sure enough, itâ€™s a tweet from Hot Pockets, and I had already favorited it. In fact, every time you download express, you favorite this exact tweet from Hot Pockets: introducing their new signature hickory ham sandwich pastries filled with real ham, real cheese, and a variety of chef-inspired sauces.Make that 2d6 SAN.
In case the above code snippet is unclear, allow me to summarize:3d6 SAN.
- Ember prides itself on using Glimmer: a small, lightning-fast rendering library.
- Glimmer brings in the entirety of Encyclopedia Brittanica, just to display the definition for the word "glimmerâ€ in its help menu.
- Our oceans are dying at an alarming rate, and weâ€™re all too busy staring at our phones playing Pokémon to have a conversation about it.
Just absolute madness.
This article is from 2016. The situation is multiple orders of magnitude worse now.
Ia Cthulhu. Ia! Ia!
Soap and water and scrub for 20 seconds.
If you're running Windows shares (or worse, Windows Server) update now. (ZDNet)
Which I tried to do, and it just sat at "Preparing updates - 0% complete - Do not turn off your computer" for a solid hour before I turned off my computer.
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, March 13 2020 11:15 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, March 13 2020 11:25 AM (Iwkd4)
You kids get off his lawn!
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, March 13 2020 11:27 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, March 13 2020 11:35 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Friday, March 13 2020 12:54 PM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Friday, March 13 2020 12:59 PM (PiXy!)
58 queries taking 0.374 seconds, 331 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.