Friday, June 28
MBAs For Armadillos Edition
- In the latest reminder that the senior management of all the major social networks have the introspective capacity of a Texas armadillo after it has had an unsatisfying encounter with an 18-wheeler, Twitter plans to annotate tweets by major political figures that violate their terms of service, but leave the tweets up.
If Twitter were a company run by functional adults, this might be a reasonable compromise. Since it's actually a day-release program for neurally impoverished muskrats, the chance that this is going to turn out well for Twitter is somewhat less than the chance that you will win every lottery in the world, tomorrow, including those that have already been drawn and awarded to other people.
- Jony Ive has left Apple to go fuck up some other company. (Apple)
That is to say... No, I'll stick with that.
- With impeccable timing rarely seen since the John Sculley years, Apple has moved production of the new Mac Pro to China. (CNBC)
I mean, sure, why not?
- Google are locking down the Gmail API and will likely kill some apps in the process. (Ars Technica)
While a pain, this is, unusually for Google, unambiguously the correct thing to do.
- However, Gmail's confidential mode isn't. (Forbes)
Confidential, I mean.
Well, no. It's email. That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.
- This is the web that was. (The Old Net)
Pick a year and a website and keep your epilepsy meds handy.
- NPM 6.9.1 is broken due to .git folder in published tarball
Most of those words are redundant.
- Finally, some decent Twitter content.
Anime Music Video of the Day
I mean, technically, yes, I know, but artistic license.
If you're going to quibble you won't get any bacon pancakes.
Picture of the Day
Posted by: Rick C at Saturday, June 29 2019 03:16 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: cxt217 at Saturday, June 29 2019 11:50 AM (LMsTt)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Saturday, June 29 2019 05:51 PM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Avatar_exADV at Saturday, June 29 2019 06:12 PM (v29Tn)
58 queries taking 0.1227 seconds, 337 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.