Friday, March 31
Termites R Us Edition
- Twitter has announced its new API plans for developers. (Twitter)
They're shit. Just completely useless.
For $100 per month - that's the hobbyist plan - you get 10,000 GET requests per month and 50,000 POSTs.
Which is already terrible, but in fact even that is a lie. They're counting individual tweets, not requests, and you can fetch 200 tweets with one GET.
So that's 50 requests per month. For $100.
Elon Musk is somehow recreating the market opportunity that should have closed when he rescued Twitter from the commies.
- Twitter is publishing The Algorithm today. (Twitter)
Whatever that means. We'll see.
- Also shit is this Epyc Genoa motherboard from ASRock. (Serve the Home)
I looked at it and was impressed that they had managed to fit a Genoa motherboard into the microATX form factor, even if they had to cut it back to eight memory channels.
It's not the microATX form factor. It's not the anything form factor.
- Even more shit arrives from Asus in the form of the ROG Flow Z13 ACRNM. (The Verge)
It's an ugly, bulky, overweight tablet PC with a 48 minute battery life.
- Tax Heaven 3000 is an anime dating sim that also does your taxes and empties your bank account. (Tech Crunch)
- Half of all new NPM packages are SEO viruses. (Sandworm)
The other half are other kinds of virus.
NPM is, you guessed it, shit.
I'm trying to recall the term, but it's something about unearned dopamine rushes being seriously bad for your mental health (relating to the instant and unearned gratification from pornography). Twitter is simply the most advanced method humanity has yet discovered to exploit that. The only thing missing now is the profit. If Elon can manage that bit, we're only a few years away from Phil Dick's "Pay the Printer".
Posted by: normal at Saturday, April 01 2023 12:06 AM (LADmw)
Posted by: normal at Saturday, April 01 2023 12:08 AM (LADmw)
Oddly enough, it's on the side, recessed inside one of those corner "drop protectors".
Posted by: Rick C at Saturday, April 01 2023 05:58 AM (BMUHC)
Posted by: Mauser at Saturday, April 01 2023 11:54 AM (BzEjn)
58 queries taking 0.1234 seconds, 336 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.