Thursday, May 07
Weebles Do Fall Down If You Get Them Drunk Enough Edition
- Microsoft has announced the Surface Go 2 and Surface Book 3. (AnandTech)
They're both Intel-based unfortunately, but the Surface Go 2 delivers a 10.5" 550g Windows 10 tablet starting at $399. 1920x1280 screen, 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC on the base model. $549 with 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD.
Bezels are kind of chunky though. And keyboard is extra.
- Lenovo has announced a swarm of new ThinkPads with Ryzen 4000 CPUs. (AnandTech)
Models now available with the Ryzen 4000 include the E14, E15, T14, T14s, L14, L15, and X15. Prices start at $639.
- The EU says that you have to give users access to your site even if it needs cookies to work and they refuse to accept your cookies. (Tech Crunch)
Tech Crunch just happens to do exactly what the EU forbids.
- The Ryzen 1600AF as a cheap server processor. (Serve the Home)
The 1600AF is a 1600 built on Global Foundries' 12nm process, so it's the exact same architecture as before but with somewhat better power and thermals.
It's not blazingly fast - you'd want to jump up to a 3600 or 3700 if you want speed - but it competes pretty well with Xeons costing two to three times as much. And all Ryzen desktop chips support ECC even if it's not officially official. At the price, there's nothing that can match it.
- Someone sneezed in New York, let's cancel the space program. (ZDNet)
Or let's not and say we did.
Posted by: normal at Friday, May 08 2020 08:32 AM (obo9H)
Posted by: The Brickmuppet at Friday, May 08 2020 09:15 AM (5iiQK)
Posted by: normal at Friday, May 08 2020 09:30 AM (obo9H)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Friday, May 08 2020 10:59 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Friday, May 08 2020 01:35 PM (PiXy!)
Also, I hate that clit in the middle, what an annoyance!
Posted by: normal at Friday, May 08 2020 01:55 PM (obo9H)
58 queries taking 0.0891 seconds, 338 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.