Tuesday, October 13
Hanlon's Razor Edition
- Clarke's Corollary to Hanlon's Razor: Any sufficiently profound stupidity is indistinguishable from malice.
- Affordable faster-than-1Gb-networking. (Tom's Hardware)
And by faster than 1Gb I mean a five-port 2.5Gb switch from Qnap for $109.
10GBASE-T came out in 2006 and we're still waiting for it to become afordable.
- There's a Ryzen 5600 on its way unless there isn't but I think this one's a pretty safe bet. (WCCFTech)
The Ryzen 5000 launch focused on the mid-range and high end, from the 5600X at $299 to the 5950X at $799. The six-core 5600 non-X is expected early next year at around $220.
- Benchmarking the Xeon W-1290P. (Serve the Home)
This is the exact one I was looking at, that turned out not much faster - at least on multi-threaded workloads - than a 3700X.
- A new Amiga for 2021? (Vintage is the New Old)
If it supports the AGA chipset an HDMI, I'll buy one.
- The serverless revolution has stalled. (InfoQ)
Because it was only ever a niche platform, marketed mostly by complete bullshit.
"I don't need a server! I can just run functions on demand and store data in a managed database."
(Checks managed database pricing.)
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, October 14 2020 01:02 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: normal at Wednesday, October 14 2020 04:33 AM (LADmw)
Posted by: normal at Wednesday, October 14 2020 04:36 AM (LADmw)
Posted by: Rick C at Wednesday, October 14 2020 11:22 AM (eqaFC)
Posted by: Mauser at Wednesday, October 14 2020 02:26 PM (Ix1l6)
58 queries taking 0.1581 seconds, 337 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.