Sunday, February 29
Iowahawk really nails it this time. Read read!
Saturday, February 28
Matt Drachenberg has been blogging for two whole years and has never had an Instalanche.
A little one will do.
Friday, February 27
The next edition of the Best of Me Symphony will be appearing right here at Ambient Irony. (The current Symphony is now up at The Owner's Manual.)
So if you have a post that you think is good, and is over two months old and languishing in your archives - or if you know a blogger who does - you can submit it to email@example.com.
Be the best that you can be!
Thursday, February 26
Didn't make my image subdirectories world-searchable.
And then after I did, I needed to restart Apache to get it to notice.
I was wondering why I had 4632 HTTP 403 errors in my log file.
I've fixed my archives.
Note for MT users: If you change your main index from index.html to, say, index.shtml, all your archive pages change too. If you don't do a rebuild, this will cause problems.
Wednesday, February 25
The Best of Me Symphony is now up at The Owners Manual. Go take a look!
If you have a post that you think is good, and is over two months old and languishing in your archives - or if you know a blogger who does - you can submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next Best of Me Symphony will appear...
Tuesday, February 17
The Universe conspires to uninspire:
- None of my computers crashed today.
- Or indeed played up in an amusing manner.
- Nor did any office equipment explode.
- The weather was not extraordinarily hot.
- Or cold.
- Or wet.
- Nor did I get struck by lightning.
- Work was neither particularly stressful.
- Nor unusually successful.
- Lunch was kind of bland.
- Though that chicken sandwich was pretty nasty.
- Fast & Fresh has really gone down hill lately, you notice that?
- Less variety.
- Higher prices.
- And their chicken sandwiches taste, I don't know, off.
- Maybe I should go somewhere else.
- Wonder if M.Y.O. is still open on Pitt St.
- Because that was pretty good.
- I watched no anime today.
- Though I did read part of Mary Gentle's Rats and Gargoyles.
- Which, curiously enough, is about rats and gargoyles.
- In case you were expecting some clever allegory.
- The plot is fiendishly complicated.
- But I will endeavour to review it.
- Once it is finished.
- Which it isn't yet.
- So I can't do that today.
- I did get out of the crimson room.
- But not without help, so it doesn't really count.
- And I still have yet to complete level four of Throw Rocks At Boys.
- So, sadly, I have nothing to blog about.
- Dave Barry is moving.
- His new blog will have comments!
- That should prove interesting.
Saturday, February 14
1. Are you superstitious?
2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition?
A relative of one of my co-workers sold his house because it was haunted.
3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition?
The one that says that if you don't link to Ambient Irony regularly, your hair, teeth and toenails will fall out.
That and the morbid fear of the number 37,473,382,481.06.
4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual?
No. Therefore, also no.
5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?
No. Because it is complete and utter tripe.
There, that was easy. Now what's for breakfast?
Brought to you by Aaron's Rantblog.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.
56 queries taking 0.1534 seconds, 199 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.