Monday, March 25
Sing Along Edition
- Well, that should free up some time.
I've appealed the suspension, but a platform that suspends users over such things is a platform that is rapidly dying, probably of sepsis. Now I just need to get back to work and push the little daisies and make them come up.*
Currently not suspended on Facebook, YouTube, Reddit. Actually I am still suspended on YouTube but because I'm a paying Google Music subscriber and have bought a couple of videos on Google Play they accidentally gave me a new premium account and linked it to my Gmail. Shrug.
Twitter could offer a new feature where for a monthly fee they have potential suspensions reviewed by a human being who is slightly smarter than paint before they take effect, but they seem to be doubling down on the social media equivalent of necrotising fasciitis.
* I don't think I ever really listened to that song before, just heard snippets of it on the radio back in the day. I just looked on YouTube (status: not banned). First, that was a guy? Second, fuck, that is terrible.
- Apple's future is cable TV only worse. (Tech Crunch)
It's a bright sunshiny day for Cupertino.
- PyPy 7.1 is out.
This is mainly an update to its Unicode string handling, with improvements to both performance and memory usage. Python 3.6 support is still beta, but if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need.
- Telegram now lets you delete any message you sent in the last 48 hours from both your device and the recipient's. (Bleeping Computer)
There's no possible way that will be immediately and massively abused baby one more time.
- New Zealand is... (One Angry Gamer)
Seriously, their Prime Minister is a day tripper, possibly a one-way ticket.
New Zealand isn't just BANNING the shooter's manifesto.— Nick Monroe (@nickmon1112) March 25, 2019
They're SELLING it. https://t.co/987bzD6pfz
Click on "Exemption info form The Great Replacement"
A document will download.
It says "to proceed with a formal application, please note that this will incur a fee of $102.20. " pic.twitter.com/siQmtL6Lct
- A team of quantum mechanics working late at the local quantum garage has built a thing that does stuff. (Quanta)
But they don't have the wings and they wonder why.
Social Media News
- Discord also just banned oatmeal. These people are retarded.
And said "doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
Video of the Day
The internet is now drowning in a sea of schadenfreude, possibly even auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont.
Ok, I can't help but wonder if the word Discord is banning is banned for everyone or just people of pallor?
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, March 26 2019 12:44 AM (Iwkd4)
Discord was created by a bunch of Furries, so no wonder it turned into censorious shit.
Posted by: Mauser at Tuesday, March 26 2019 10:12 AM (Ix1l6)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Tuesday, March 26 2019 10:52 AM (PiXy!)
54 queries taking 0.1968 seconds, 280 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.