Thursday, October 06
Don't Scare The Horses Edition
- Intel's Arc A770 Limited Edition is here and it's not awful. (Tom's Hardware)
It's four times as fast as the A380 card we saw earlier for 2.5 times the price, which changes the calculus a bit. Plus they've had a couple of months to work on the driver issues.
Basically everyone is saying that at current prices your best option for a mid-range card is AMD's 6650 XT (though not at Australian prices), but in terms of price/performance, ignoring features and drivers stability, Intel comes second.
- The A750 is here too, same story. (Tom's Hardware)
A little slower, but also a little cheaper.
- Need a 64TB 25GBps RAID array for your next gaming rig? Highpoint has you covered. (Serve the Home)
The $1100 SSD7540 supports up to eight M.2 devices in RAID-0 or RAID-10, or presumably JBOD. There are also smaller, cheaper models supporting four or two M.2 slots.
The SSDs themselves are extra, of course. But if the five M.2 slots on your next motherboard aren't enough, this is for you.
- Facebook is reportedly laying off 12,000 employees. (Futurism)
It's a start.
- Meanwhile at Twitter they're planning things much better: You don't get a severance package if you quit.
I think the preferred pronouns are "hot boiled shit" and "steaming garbage".
Posted by: normal at Thursday, October 06 2022 08:57 PM (obo9H)
I do enjoy the incoherent screeching and feces-flinging by the people who realized that the left-wing echo chamber may break.
Posted by: Rick C at Thursday, October 06 2022 11:47 PM (BMUHC)
Posted by: normal at Friday, October 07 2022 01:42 AM (LADmw)
Posted by: Starry Knight at Friday, October 07 2022 05:49 AM (gXw+B)
Posted by: Mauser at Friday, October 07 2022 02:36 PM (BzEjn)
Mauser, take a look at ddu, which is designed to completely remove all traces of videocard drivers.
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, October 07 2022 11:56 PM (BMUHC)
58 queries taking 0.0893 seconds, 329 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.