Monday, October 21
Only Meant To Happen To Other People Edition
- Freelance journalists are up in arms over a new California law that just destroyed their lives. (The Hollywood Reporter)
If you are a freelancer and you write more than 35 articles - of any length - for one company in a given year, the new law requires them to treat you as an employee. Given the massive consolidation of the media over the last fifty years, you could easily be writing for a dozen different publications and still only have one company paying you.
- BinaryLane has new high-performance and large storage VPS options available in Sydney. (BinaryLane)
Which is great for me because I live there. I'm doing off-site backups to DigitalOcean right now but this storage option works out much cheaper - half the price for double the space. It's hard disks rather than SSD, but I can live with that.
- 64 cores and can't... Can't anything, really. (Random ASCII)
Yes, it's the same guy who wrote the classic 24-core CPU and I can't move my mouse only this time it happened to a "friend".
- The 16 core Ryzen 3950X is 24% faster than the 18 core i9-10980XE in one unofficial benchmark. (PC Perspective)
- Need a mini-ITX socket 2066 server motherboard? No? Supermicro has one for you anyway. (Tom's Hardware)
Video of the Day
Presented without comment.
The bill's author insisted--with a straight face, presumably--that this was meant to help freelancers. Somehow they don't see it that way. Well, see the subhead of your article, I guess, and, I guess, we'll see how many of them have a sense of irony.
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, October 22 2019 12:35 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Kayle at Tuesday, October 22 2019 11:59 AM (magRz)
Posted by: Rick C at Tuesday, October 22 2019 12:46 PM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Mauser at Wednesday, October 23 2019 12:26 PM (Ix1l6)
58 queries taking 0.2174 seconds, 299 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.