Thursday, June 09
Just Say Ner Edition
- If you set Windows ASLR to on by default, all Java-based (but not .Net-based) JetBrains tools will stop working. Since ASLR config changes only take effect on your next reboot, and since there is nothing to indicate the reason for the failure, this will probably not brighten your day.
- Twitter has agreed to provide Elon Musk with the "firehose" - the live feed of all content - so that he can verify their claims that less than 5% of Twitter accounts are bots. (WCCFTech)
What they haven't done, of course, is provided the data or methodology they used to come up with that number, because they don't exist. By giving Musk only the raw data they can claim that when he comes up with a very different - higher - number, that it is due to differences in their respective analytical approaches, rather than, just for example, Twitter lying the entire time.
- Physicists have discovered a new subatomic particle - the magnetic equivalent of the Higgs boson. (Live Science)
They were looking everywhere for it and it was right there on the kitchen counter all along.
- Samsung's fridges are now also TVs. (The Verge)
I'm looking at a new fridge. The one I have in mind doesn't even have an ice maker, let alone a built-in LCD display. I just want a fridge.
All the existing appliances in the new house seem to be appropriately dumb. I mean, you can set the hot water temperature separately for the kitchen and each bathroom, but there's no app for it, you just use the wired controls.
- Speaking of New House, heading back up there for the weekend. Amazon delivered some stuff early and it's apparently sitting on the porch.
Posted by: J Greely at Friday, June 10 2022 07:39 AM (oJgNG)
Might also end up getting a freezer down in the garage, but the big fridge comes first.
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Friday, June 10 2022 09:11 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: normal at Friday, June 10 2022 10:51 AM (obo9H)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Friday, June 10 2022 01:05 PM (PiXy!)
58 queries taking 0.4543 seconds, 339 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.