Thursday, August 15
International Brain Parasite Awareness Month Edition
- Humble Bundle has Acid Pro 8.0 (music editing) and Sound Forge Pro 12 (audio editing) for $25.
As usual these are last year's versions (though Acid Pro 9.0 only came out in May) but they are the full professional releases for about 5% of the full professional price.
- Huaweis behaving badly. (Tom's Hardware)
Telecommunications company controlled by a totalitarian fascist state meets African kleptocracy. What could possibly go wrong?
- WeWork IPO shows it's the most magical unicorn. (Bloomberg)
WeWork is losing billions and plans to go public soon. (WCCFTech)
How bad do you have to be at your job for WCCFTech to be so obviously better?
- A cure has been found for a deadly, multi-drug-resistant strain of tuberculosis. (New York Times)
And it's relatively cheap and safe.
TB doesn't get the attention of Ebola but this strain killed 75% of its victims before they could even get a diagnosis.
- Anime4K is a new anime upscaling algorithm. (GitHub)
It looks to my eye to be slightly better than Waifu2x while being dramatically faster.
- A dump of internal Google docs revealed a list of blocked news sites. (One Angry Gamer)
Including some site called "oneangrygamer.net".
- Oh, and 40 pages of YouTube search terms where the algorithm was carefully tweaked to keep you safe from harmful facts. (One Angry Gamer)
- Just get a mid-range Android phone. (ZDNet)
Or a low-end one from a reputable brand. Apple and the Android high end have been captured entirely by fashion trends at this point.
- Star Wars Barbie actually looks pretty cool (Amazon)
At $100 I'd hope so.
There's also a Darth Vader Barbie who looks like a 90s New York advertising exec, and... An R2-D2 Barbie.
Okay. You do you, Mattel. You've sold literally a billion of these things so I won't presume to tell you your business
They also suggest running Anime4K after Waifu2x to improve its output.
Posted by: J Greely at Friday, August 16 2019 01:26 AM (ZlYZd)
Or wait for price drops. I picked up an unlocked Galaxy S9 a couple weeks ago for $450.
Still pricey, of course, but the regular price is still about $600, and "mid-range" these days is creeping up to $300 or more.
Posted by: Rick C at Friday, August 16 2019 05:25 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Friday, August 16 2019 11:19 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: benzeen at Friday, August 16 2019 03:32 PM (5uTz6)
58 queries taking 0.2153 seconds, 293 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.