Thursday, January 27
As The Supply Chain Sinks Slowly In The West Edition
- Gluten-free breakfast cereal is available again. I also stockpiled a couple of months worth of gluten-free snacks.
Gluten-free bread and chicken nuggets have gone AWOL though, as have most brands of toilet paper. Two years in and they still haven't figured this out. And we don't have Joe Biden to blame, at least not directly. This is a home-grown debacle.
- Another country has been DDoSed off the internet. This time it's North Korea in the hotseat. (Reuters)
- What's worse than NFTs? Bankrupt cities using NFTs to raise funds. (New York Times)
On the upside this suggest that the entire blockchain ecosystem is due to collapse at any moment.
- Fanhouse is a payment platform for SFW photos and videos. It takes a 10% commission and passes 90% to content creators. Apple of course famously takes 30% of everything. So Fanhouse simply increased all prices in their iOS app by 50%. (9to5Mac)
On the platformâ€™s website, users are urged not to buy tokens in-app, where they cost more than on the web. According to the site, 2,000 coins costs $30 on the app and $20 on the web. On Twitter, Nguyen wrote, "If the app wants you to enter payment information, don't. It means 'give Apple 30% of your money.'" Purchase coins on web, and you can freely use them in app after."Yes. Everyone should do this.
- Intel's Alder Lake Core i9 is faster than Apple's M1 Max*. (Macworld)
* The author wears a mask in his profile photo so you can probably just skip the article.
- Nvidia's RTX 3050 sucks less than AMD's Radeon 6500 XT. (AnandTech)
It's a decent low-end gaming card. We'll have to see what price it actually sells for because the $249 MSRP is a joke and everyone knows it. But if it retails for 25% over the 6500 XT and you don't need to save every last penny it's an easy win for Nvidia.
Party Like It's 1980-ish Video of the Day
Disclaimer: If you leave me, take the cat with you.
Posted by: normal at Friday, January 28 2022 10:16 AM (obo9H)
Posted by: at Wednesday, July 05 2023 08:10 PM (AWDS1)
Posted by: aaaa at Saturday, July 15 2023 01:14 AM (yBuni)
Posted by: aaa at Sunday, October 08 2023 02:48 AM (qQSRd)
I love your daily news updates! They're always informative and entertaining. I especially enjoyed the article about Fanhouse and their decision to increase prices in their iOS app by 50% to avoid paying Apple's 30% commission. I also found the article about Intel's Alder Lake Core i9 being faster than Apple's M1 Max to be interesting. It's always great to see competition in the tech industry.
<a href="https://whatsgbpro.org">gb whatsapp pro download</a>
Posted by: gb whatsapp pro at Saturday, November 25 2023 10:17 PM (+Wgs9)
58 queries taking 0.1314 seconds, 340 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.