Friday, June 21
Cough Bullshit Cough Edition
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai admits that they can't moderate YouTube perfectly so they plan to keep fucking everything up as they have been so far. (TechDirt)
With 100 new videos uploaded every second, and the sum functional IQ of YouTube's executive suite in the single digits, this is not a problem likely to be resolved any time soon.
- Google Chrome seems to want to screw up your URL suggestions. If it prompts you with something dumb, hit Shift-Delete to make it forget it.
- Smartphones are not making children grown horns you fucking morons. (TechDirt)
I've seen this garbage repeated credulously in multiple newspapers, because journalists are imbeciles.
- Speak the actual literal truth and Twitter will ban you. (TechDirt)
Tim Pool pointed this out when he was on Joe Rogan with Twitter's vapid mosquito-fodder figurehead Jack Dorsey and their multifunction legal, policy, trust and safety robot Vijaya Gadde. That was when they came up with their new corporate slogan "Thank you for your input. Your account is now permanently suspended."
- I think the problem with this MacBook Pro extends beyond user error. (Reddit)
The part where Apple won't touch it until it's spent 24 hours in a fireproof safe is a clue.
- Windows 10 might soon let you name virtual desktops like CDE did in 1994. (Bleeping Computer)
- Google will stop making tablets after spending six years desperately avoiding a repeat of their early success. (ZDNet)
Anime Music Video of the Day
Posted by: Rick C at Saturday, June 22 2019 12:18 AM (Iwkd4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Saturday, June 22 2019 12:52 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: cxt217 at Saturday, June 22 2019 03:31 AM (LMsTt)
I think I would extend the critique further, in that more happens in last 12 episodes of season 2 than in the preceding 25.
Posted by: Jay at Saturday, June 22 2019 05:03 AM (vuQH5)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Saturday, June 22 2019 04:19 PM (PiXy!)
54 queries taking 0.1609 seconds, 288 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.