Friday, October 14
Post-Soviet Russia Edition
- In Amazon dream home, appliance tours you. (Washington Post / MSN)
Two thirds of American Amazon customers also own a telescreen, though some of them hide it behind the painting. "I never thought of having people pay for the privilege of being spied upon", said George Orwell, sitting bolt upright in his grave and feverishly hunting for a pencil and notepaper.
The most complicated Amazon-branded device I own is a pillowcase.
- PostgreSQL 15 is here. It has stuff. (PostgreSQL)
Postgres was already a thing when I was studying databases at university, back in the chalcolithic era. They added the "SQL" sometime later.
- Take two, they're small: The Falcon Northwest Talon 7950X edition. (Serve the Home)
Small but shiny. This is very close in spec to the system I want to build in my Bae case. They note as I did that the Asus ROG X670E Crosshair Hero motherboard has every feature you could possibly want - except 10Gb Ethernet. Given its stratospheric price, that's a bit of a let down, particularly with the Bae case where there is only one full-height PCIe slot available.
- Want to squeeze an RTX 4090 into two slots? Water cooling is the way. (Hot Hardware)
Of course it's even more expensive than the regular models.
- Want to build a latter-day Cobalt Qube? Topton's NAS MOBO has everything you need. (Liliputing)
On a standard ITX motherboard it includes a quad core Intel Atom CPU (one of the good recent Atoms, not a crappy old one), up to 32GB of RAM in two SO-DIMM slots, two M.2 NVMe slots, six SATA ports, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs, four USB ports, four 2.5Gb Ethernet ports, and a meker buruner.
No, I don't know either.
- Want a Linux tablet? Plain Linux rather than Android? Juno has one of those. (Liliputing)
Also with an Intel Atom CPU so it should be easy to run any standard Linux distro on it.
Posted by: Rick C at Saturday, October 15 2022 01:06 AM (kbV78)
Posted by: J Greely at Saturday, October 15 2022 10:36 AM (oJgNG)
Posted by: at Monday, January 02 2023 04:30 PM (vwaeb)
Posted by: at Monday, January 23 2023 09:38 PM (k9PKe)
Posted by: at Thursday, January 26 2023 10:44 PM (qHzML)
Posted by: aaaa at Monday, September 11 2023 12:48 AM (smJuG)
58 queries taking 0.1958 seconds, 339 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.