Saturday, October 01
- Some apps refuse to install to adoptable storage, and there's no practical way to know which ones this will affect.
- Some apps install to adoptable storage, but won't run from it.
- Some apps show that they are using adoptable storage, but when you check the details they are actually still on internal storage.
- Some apps show that they are using adoptable storage even when you check the details, but when you add the numbers up, you find that they are still using internal storage.
- Some apps that support storing data on normal (portable) SD cards don't work with adoptable storage.
- If you format your card as a mix of portable and adoptable storage, you end up with two storage devices named "SD Card".
- Store my SF magazine subscription on SD card instead of scarce internal storage. I've had a digital subscription to Analog and Asimov's since shortly after I got my first tablet, and have 39 issues of each. They weigh in at 60-115MB per issue.
This doesn't work. The Kindle app shows that it's storing them on the adoptable storage, but this is a lie.
- Move large games like Final Fantasy to SD card. This doesn't work at all. In one case I had Final Fantasy VI not showing up on either the adoptable storage or the internal storage. It was actually on internal storage, and stays there no matter what.
- Move many small games and apps to SD card. This is mostly a failure. All the Kairosoft games (I have 35 of them, everything they've translated into English) install on the adoptable storage, but only about a third of them will run that way. They others either crash or request storage permissions that you can't grant.
Posted by: RickC at Monday, October 03 2016 05:15 AM (ITnFO)
Posted by: RickC at Tuesday, October 11 2016 07:11 AM (ECH2/)
I love the Xperia tablet, but with only 16GB storage (~9GB available) it's not a device for a packrat. My Kindle library alone is about 9GB.
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Tuesday, October 11 2016 10:38 AM (PiXy!)
Posted by: RickC at Wednesday, October 12 2016 12:37 PM (ITnFO)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Wednesday, October 12 2016 02:04 PM (PiXy!)
Marshmallow killed one of my games--it crashes on startup every time. Am going to reboot and see if that magically fixes it.
Posted by: RickC at Wednesday, October 12 2016 03:23 PM (ITnFO)
Posted by: RickC at Saturday, October 22 2016 05:28 AM (ECH2/)
Posted by: RickC at Monday, October 24 2016 04:09 AM (ITnFO)
53 queries taking 0.7223 seconds, 264 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.