Wednesday, June 20

Geek

Daily News Stuff 20 June 2018

• Programming Ethereum contracts is like writing accounting software in 6502 assembler except that you need to hire an intern to keep turning the crank or the computer crashes and steals all your money and flees to the Bahamas with your cat.

– Me

• If you need 19GB per second of I/O, Asus has you covered. You'll also need a high-end desktop - ThreadRipper or Core i9 - to have enough PCIe lanes.

• TechDirt reports on a trademark cockup.

MR. REUBER: Your Honor, if I may?

THE COURT: No. You are out of the case.

MR. REUBER: I understand, your Honor. But I penned the brief, and there is an error that my client alerted me to this morning in the brief. Specifically, it is first one you just read, Bite Me Cocky, published in 2012. He has learned that that title may have changed as a result of the Cockygate sort of disputes. It might have been originally published as Bite Me and not Bite Me Cocky. I just wanted to point that out.

• OpenBSD has disabled hyperthreading as a security precaution. This is not a new vulnerability, but rather to preempt the discovery of new vulnerabilities.

https://ai.mee.nu/images/ice-1786311_1920.jpg?size=540x&q=95

Let's all go to the lobby and have ourselves a snack. Image by Einladung_zum_Essen on Pixabay.

Posted by: Pixy Misa at 04:42 PM | Comments (2) | Add Comment | Trackbacks (Suck)
Post contains 219 words, total size 2 kb.

1 For all its quirks, there are reasons I like OpenBSD for firewalls...

Apparently there is a new vulnerability coming out, 'tlbleed'.

-j

Posted by: J Greely at Thursday, June 21 2018 01:24 AM (tgyIO)

2 Yeah, the OpenBSD team are serious about security.

Posted by: Pixy Misa at Thursday, June 21 2018 02:39 PM (PiXy!)

Hide Comments | Add Comment

Apple pies are delicious. But never mind apple pies. What colour is a green orange?

34kb generated in CPU 0.014, elapsed 0.3587 seconds.
57 queries taking 0.3498 seconds, 88 records returned.