Sunday, July 08
- China is manufacturing CPUs based on AMD's Zen design. The corporate and legal structure here is nearly as complex as the technology. (Tom's Hardware)
- Asus has a cute little tinker case for their cute little tinker board. (Fanless Tech)
- Brutalist web design is a handy tag for sites that function but are pointlessly, needlessly unpleasant to look at. Which is a perfectly understandable pushback against sites that are pretty but completely broken. (via Hacker News)
- CentOS 6.10 is out. CentOS 6 has been amazingly long-lived - it was released in 2011 and will be maintained until then end of 2020 - and is still robust and stable, but the kernel is getting very dated now. (Phoronix)
- Rally Vincent is winging her way from Singapore to Sydney. No update on NBN.
Picture of the Day
Thank you, AMD, we just love you supplying technology to potential enemies in shooting wars.
I enjoy the Ryzen line but this kind of news causes me to wish for AMD to acquire a carnal knowledge of themselves - as well as dropping the Sword of Damocles on them if the US ever gets into a shooting war with the PRC. Intel's lobbyists in DC will love this particular news.
Posted by: cxt217 at Monday, July 09 2018 09:02 AM (BcQU4)
Posted by: Pixy Misa at Monday, July 09 2018 12:10 PM (PiXy!)
I am a believer in never making it easier for an opponent or a potential opponent, even if it is easy for them right now. So AMD's move is, in my eyes, deserving of the crap they deserve to get if a cold war turns hot.
Posted by: cxt217 at Tuesday, July 10 2018 08:04 AM (BcQU4)
53 queries taking 0.115 seconds, 267 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.